I was tagged by Picture Us Reading last month to answer some questions. Yes, it takes me a month to get to things some times. Spring break brought several visitors to my doorstep, which was awesome but took away from blogging time. I thought this post would be a good catch up and fun! Thanks for tagging me Alisa!
*It took me three days to write this and then I didn’t feel like editing it. I had company, interviews, and started a job within the last two weeks. Plus, I found out about this game called SimCity Build It and I’m totally addicted and my little city needs my attention. So, yes, that is more important to me than editing right now. Sorry.
Four Names People Call Me Other Than My Real Name
4. Honey Bumpkins (OK, just my husband calls me this and still lives, but I think it counts)
Honestly, nicknames don’t really last for me (except for Jamers). I had to dig into my memory bank for a few of these.
Four Jobs I’ve Had
1. Like Alisa I worked as a circulation student assistant at my law library and shelving books is tedious. But it can also me very meditative. I also was able to get a lot of homework done at the front desk because I worked nights in a law school library where other overachievers would hole up in their nooks and study all night and not bother the circulation desk.
2. I’ve worked as a bookseller at two different book stores. This is not as glamorous as it sounds. It is also a lot of book shelving and in one store dealing with screaming idiots every single day. Unfortunately not everyone who comes into a bookstore knows how to read, especially not signage.
3. Barista/Server/Grill Cook. I’ve worked in the food service industry for almost ten years. Never again. Never again.
4. I worked as an attorney for the City of Chicago. This also was not all that glamorous. While I have my “fun to tell at parties” stories, it was mostly just a lot of paper work, filing, and making phone calls. No Perry Mason moments and no one dressed half as nice as in The Good Wife.
Four Movies I’ve Watched More Than Once
Goodness. I rewatch movies alllll the time. In no certain order or importance:
1. 50 First Dates
4. Boondock Saints
Four Books I’d Recommend
1. Unholy Ghosts by Stacia Kane (and the entire Chess Putnam series)
2. Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson (and the entire Queen Betsy series)
3. Storm Front by Jim Butcher (and the entire Dresden Files Series)
4. Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning (and the entire Fever series and don’t be misled by the covers this is not just some steamy romance series, though it is also that. It has one of the best character arcs that I have ever read.)
Four Places I Have Lived
1. Copenhagen, NY (a place that got 21 feet of snow this year)
2. Goshen, IN (where I spent most of my childhood)
3. Chicago, IL (where I went to live near my mom and ended up going to law school)
4. Mt. Crawford, VA (where I lived during my tweens and teenage years also where one of my favorite authors currently lives)
Four Places I Have Been
I haven’t been out of the country much. I did visit 1) Israel and I have been to 2) Canada. I’ve traveled the US a bit. I’ve been coast to coast. I’ve visited 3) San Francisco, CA and I got married in 4) Virginia Beach, VA.
Four Places I’d Rather Be Right Now
3. Aboard the Farscape or Serenity
I am really happy with where I am right now. I would like to travel in the future, but if I could be transported somewhere right this second, I would go to one of my top fantasy/magical worlds. You can check out the Top 10 Fantasy Worlds here.
Four Things I Don’t Eat
1. Spicy foods. I don’t have a sense of smell so I can’t taste except for the five areas on my tongue. This means spicy foods just set my mouth on fire and don’t add flavor to foods.
2. Dairy foods. I am lactose intolerant. If I take dairy aid pills I can handle small doses, but that’s about it.
3. Curry. I’m allergic to some curries and therefore avoid all of them.
4. Avocado. Again, it doesn’t taste like anything and it is really really slimy. Gugh. I don’t even eat guacamole. Blech.
Four of My Favorite Foods
1. Snicker Ice Cream Bars
3. Chocolate (FOR THE WIN!)
TV Shows That I Watch
1. The Vampire Diaries
3. The Office (my husband and I watch this at night. It is hilarious.)
4. The Blacklist (SOOOOOO good!!!)
Four Things I Am Looking Forward To This Year
1. I started a new job! I’m looking forward to a new place of employment and greater career opportunities. I’m working at an insurance group, which doesn’t sound glamorous, But I do think it is the right fit for me.
2. Trips to King Spa and Sauna a wonderful place for a staycation.
3. A possible real vacation to Virginia Beach for our anniversary.
4. Celebrating our first date anniversary by going to the Medieval Castle here in Dallas. This time we will go prepared with an Uber driver and extra money for booze.
Four Things I’m Always Saying
1. I know, right?
2. Insinuendo (insinuate and innuendos)
3. Flay-g instead of Flah-g. One place where my northern upbringing shines through is when i say, bag, wagon, flag, or dragon.
4. Holy Cats (I picked this up from my father, so you can blame him!)
Four People I Tag
*Please don’t feel you have to, but I’m tagging you in case you want to.*
Meet TrendyTracy who is traveling the world now with her husband. She has a fashion blog and is someone I know IRL. She is just as sweet and amazing in person as she is in her photos. Check out her website.
The ladies at The Book Wars. If you aren’t following them you should. They do some amazing collaborative posts that are just awesome reads. Luckily there are four of them and each could answer the question once. I mean I had to come up with four nicknames going back to when I was in high school!
I’ve just recently started following The Book Stop. She also does book reviews so you guys should check her out as well!
And I’m not sure she even does these sort of tagging blog pieces, but you guys should really head on over to Deidra Alexander’s Blog. She writes these amazing pieces of art that are at times laugh out loud funny, but sometimes more reflective and they always feel true and honest.